This service lets you know who is calling before the call connects. Choose your number range that you require from the buttons above and Call recording will be automatically included.
It can be used in many ways. Most commonly:
- To help you answer the call in a particular way - "This is a Widgets Company call"
- To identify calls to specific departments (if using menu routing ) - "This is a sales call"
- To identify callers before they are put through - "This is a call from John Smith. Pease press one to accept the call or two to send to voicemail"
- To allow you to choose not to take the call and forward the caller to another number, or to voicemail. - "This is a Widgets Company call, press one to accept or two to pass on"
All of our numbers come with the ability to use Whisper and Screening services. It is included as standard with our Numbers Plus Business Advanced and Business Professional packages or as an upgrade from other packages.
A plumber who is based at home but is often working on site has a Freephone emergency number set up with a call whisper. The service routes incoming calls to his home line and then to his mobile if the home line is engaged or not answered. One day while on site a new customer calls the plumber and his home phone rings. The plumber's wife also works from home and uses the same line. When she picks up the call she hears a short message informing her that the call is for her husband. She chooses to reject the call and the caller is diverted to the plumber's mobile number. When he answers the call he also hears the short message and opts to take the call. All the while the caller hears the normal ringtone and is blissfully unaware of the clever routing that delivered the call.
All options for call whispers are completely configuration via our on-line console. The console features some great call whisper functionality, such as:
- Accept a call or transfer it to voicemail.
- Loop the Whisper until confirmed or call other line.
- Use our supplied audio or record your own.
- Hear who is called and decide what to do.
- Instant set up - no installation required
- Flexible - Whispers can be configured online in real time
- Run multiple departments/companies on one destination number
- Always answer your calls in a professional manner
- Know who is calling before you answer